Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Weekly Top #15!!!

Week #4 brought some new names to the Weekly Top #15! Let's give it up for....

#1. Michelle Allen.................8.2%
#2. Becky Beckman...............5.3%
#3. Renee Merkel..................5.3%
#4. Joyce Gessner.................4.4%
#5. Jennifer Herman.............4.3%
#6. Linda Partenheimer........4.3%
#7. Laura Rickenbaugh.........4.3%
#8. Amy Beckman.................4.1%
#9. Becky Kunz.....................4.0%
#10. Kris Gutgsell..................3.8%
#11. Cindy Hembree...............3.6%
#12. Hillory Werner...............3.4%
#13. Paula Britt......................3.2%
#14. Amy Lewis......................3.1%
#15. Rita Schroering..............3.0%



Awesome job, ladies! Keep up the great work! And, let's not forget about our Week #4 weekly winner.....Renee Merkel!! Renee won a body ball! And, our speaker this week, Erin Meyer, informed us all that just sitting on that ball while watching TV or on the computer will help burn an extra 80 calories an hour!!!

Also, the challenge for this week is to KEEP A FOOD JOURNAL!!! I know, it seems like a big pain the the boot-ay, but, believe me, you will be amazed at all the calories you are consuming in a day. It will make you more aware of what you are eating. In my food journal, I write down how many hours I slept that night, keep track of how much water I drank for the day, my caloric intake for breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2-3 snacks for the day and what my excercise for the day was.

So....to recap the Weekly Challenges (that you should be following every week, remember, these challenges all build off each other!):

-Weekly Challenge #1.......cut out the soft drinks and drink more water!

-Weekly Challenge #2.......excercise at least 3 times a week/excercise longer or more often.

-Weekly Challenge #3.......try a new recipe. Keep from being bored by trying out a new healthy recipe at least once a week! If you come to the meetings, we give you a new recipe to try!!

-Weekly Challenge #4.......keep a FOOD JOURNAL!

And, I want to extend a H U G E thank you to Erin Meyer, our speaker for the meeting this week. Erin is a Dietitian and a Diabetes Educator at Memorial Hospital & Health Care Center and gave us an extremely enlightening presentation on the food pyramid and serving size portions! Wow. I don't know about you all, but I learned so much tonite. Definitely makes me look at how much I'm eating in a new light. I will be posting her info on the blog later in the week. She was sweet enough to give out her direct line at work if any of us have any questions at all!

Until next time.......

No comments: