Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Testimonial from a Calorie Count member....

After hearing Nicole Anderson stand up and talk about the website CalorieCount.com at one of the meetings, I went on there and signed up to get email newsletters. Usually, I don't read them, but this particular one I did. As I was reading, it just drove home the purpose of the Healthy Habits group! This is what we have been learning these last 6 weeks! So, yes, it DOES work!! ~Kelly

For Sfeld4, popular weight loss programs didn't bring the results she wanted. She made the decision a few years back to finally take control of her weight and has since then lost 96 pounds by counting calories and incorporating daily exercise. Taking it slowly has certainly paid off, since now she is only four pounds away from her goal weight.

What other "diets" (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past?

All of them: Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Overeaters Anonymous, Nutrisystem, Biggest Loser, pills from the doctor, pills from over the counter, drops, and Atkins (which I'll never try again). Any program that doesn't allow fruit or salad (in my mind) is not right. After all, I didn't get fat eating fruit & salad!

How do you prevent relapse?

I often look at my weight log to see how far I have come. I talk to others who are also losing weight. If I do go off for a meal, I don't beat myself up. I don't wait for a new day, I start with my next meal. I make sure I am prepared with the proper foods in my house so that I don't just grab food.

What five tips do you have for other dieters?

1. Write down everything you eat.
2. Count calories.
3. Weigh yourself daily. I know people say not to do this, but If I don't weigh in, I could end up fooling myself.
4. Drink water.
5. Get moving. I started by doing one thing more than I would normally do on any given day. I started by walking the hallway at home (back/forth) once a day. That was it. Then I walked the hallway (back/forth) twice. Now I wear a pedometer and break 10,000 steps everyday. This still amazes me!

No comments: